Monday, January 24, 2011

Entrepreneur Lost - A Candid Confession of a Lost Entrepreneur


Have you ever know a lost entrepreneur. Someone who had once had a ton of ambition and made short work of success who one day just kind of went into a different mode? Who are Entrepreneurs and how do you become a lost entrepreneur?

Is there an entrepreneur definition? What does it mean to be an entrepreneurs, a capitalist,an industrialist? What does it mean? Are you a business man or business woman? Is there a difference? Is an entrepreneur an artist? Is an entrepreneur free? What are the functions and the activities of entrepreneur? When I think of an entrepreneur I think of a warrior for free enterprise. Does free enterprise exist as an entity or is free enterprise the rooster tail of the entrepreneurial mind. Which is cause and which is effect? How is it that, what seems like a mess to some, seems to an entrepreneur, a business opportunity?

What is an Entrepreneur?

According to entrepreneur start up magazines I have read there are many new home business ideas and entrepreneurs. Business consulting services, profit consulting entrepreneurial opportunities, there are home based business entrepreneurs who use the internet, and countless other names, labels, and boxes that we are putting these spirited startups in today. Apparently there is no certain education needed to be an entrepreneur.

I have an uncle who is an outgoing Christian entrepreneur. The SBA and their definition or, characteristics of an entrepreneur are entertaining. I see a well formed and defined box when I read there researched reality. My view of the entrepreneur is biased to my own experience, I think that entitles me to say my knowledge of being an entrepreneur is thus and so.

An Entrepreneurial Moment

I walked down a sidewalk on a sunny day in 1997, I took a deep breath and said with my mind and my breath and my posture OK this is it I am doing this. I am in business. My life at the time was an unorganized mess. I had floundered, flailed, and flopped. That very day, with that very breath like an inward sigh, I seemly inhaled a spirit of independent empowerment. I will do this. From that point I was an entrepreneur. Each morning I got up and did whatever made sense. I put business cards anywhere I saw a thumbtack, crevice or crack that would secure my proud offering.

An older man called me one day and mentioned he found a card of mine; we had a brief conversation and decided we may as well meet. I secured my first contract and was on my way. The first project I took was not exactly an entrepreneurs dream situation and it certainly was not mine. It was a nasty job. It was messy and it was tough. I did not have a lot of competition. A job no one else wanted. That was my target market in the beginning.

Entrepreneurs reading this may recall first realizing what their target market was. It felt like I had found a secret. I was what I like to refer to as a real entrepreneur. I had one year of college, I was not, by far, a business man wise in wealth. I made a decision I would be free and then I stepped into my decision and a new life lay before me. My target market continued to evolve as my entrepreneurial awareness grew more acute.

Entrepreneurial Adventure

In seven short years that business grew from a decision and literally, no contacts, to a multimillion dollar enterprise that employed over thirty people and was a branded force to be reckoned with in the industry. I grew up in that business. It taught me who I was and who I was not. It taught me about the motives and motivations of a young man. I learned truths that previously were totally hidden to me. Entrepreneurial Insight I suppose.

I learned about people and why they did what they did. I learned about business structure and business models and the gross failings of each. I believe that once a person lives in the realm of the entrepreneur life takes on a whole different meaning. I could suddenly relate with the pioneers, the revolutionaries, the leaders. I read books about Lincoln , and power and getting along with others. I read about people like me. I did not know at the time they were like me and how we were brothers in bravery. I was humbled by all the information recorded by those brave souls who experience their own sunny sidewalk day and that breath that filled the sail of there entrepreneurial spirit.








Joe Crawford has been an entrepreneur since his early twenties. After building a 2.5 million dollar 30+ employee traditional business he sought out a business industry, career, or business model that would provide him the results HE wanted. If being "successful" is old news & you want the specific results of a Solid Six Figure Income in the next 6-12 months WHILE building a residual walkaway income stream over time...

... then come evaluate an information age business opportunity that you can use to do just that. Everything is in place and it is absolutely free to evaluate the business details. Make it a Great Year! You Deserve It!


No comments:

Post a Comment